[LEAPSECS] "China move could call time on GMT"

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Jan 6 02:13:07 EST 2012

In message <4F063FB6.20506 at comcast.net>, Gerard Ashton writes:

>People involved in government and international organizations sometimes

>have strange ways of deciding what their duties are.

I am pretty sure USAnian politics would be even funnier of "Some
shady UN agency tries to dictate how we set our Patriotic American
Clocks"

:-)

National timekeeping is not covered by ITU-R's mandate, and that's
the end of that. To the extent ITU-R work impacts national timekeeping,
those nations duly appointed representatives have the option of
voting against, for that reason.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe