[LEAPSECS] Straw men

Dennis Ferguson dennis.c.ferguson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 02:10:57 EST 2012

On 10 Jan, 2012, at 14:39 , Rob Seaman wrote:

> Gotta love this equation:

> UT1 = UTC + UT1 + UT1 (t – tEOP)

You do have to love it, because beyond calling several different things
UT1 (and unless I'm missing something, which is always possible) it seems
to imply either that they expect UTC to be leap-less by the time they are
finished doing this or that they have a leap second bug (or at least an
ambiguity) in their specification. The above suggests that the UT1 offset
needs to leap when UTC does, but I don't see where it says how that happens.

Dennis Ferguson