[N&W] N&W Logo at Hotel Roanoke

Tue May 4 22:36:44 EDT 2004

Rick Morrison writes:

I've read several inquiries about the N&W logo at Hotel Roanoke.  I was a
guest there on several occasions between 1957 and the early 1980's and I
don't recall an N&W logo.  Could it perhaps have been a HR logo for
"Hotel Roanoke?"  I seem to remember this in the foyer area of the lobby.
  As I recall, the association between the railroad and the hotel was
rather low key.  It was common knowledge that N&W owned it, but if you
were not a knowledgeable guest, you probably would not have suspected it.
  I remember a hotel brochure that had in fine print at the bottom: "A
Norfolk and  Western Property."