[N&W] O Winston Link Tour

Mon May 31 15:13:22 EDT 2004

Hello All,

I live in Idaho and may be traveling to Virginia on business.  I would like
to tour some sites at which O. Winston Link took some of his famous
photographs.  The problem is that i do not have the slightest idea where
they are at or how to get there.  Specifically the sites of interest are:

1) The stone bridge where the christmas tree photo was taken.  Actually it
is a father holding a christmas tree that has just been cut down.  His son
or a little boy is standing with him.

2) The drive in movie theatre where the famous "Hot Shot" photo was taken.

3) The gas pump photo.  I know this was in Vesuveus (I know I murdered the
spelling)  I am just wondering if the pump is still standing and if it is
easy to spot.

I was also thinking of visiting White Top.  Is it worth it?

I would also appreciate any other "must see" sites I should visit as
recomended by members of this group.  Any and all advice is welcome!

Thanks

JR