[N&W] N&W House

Mon May 31 15:38:52 EDT 2004

I am living in an older home built by the N&W Railroad many years ago. The
home was originally sold to my grandfather, he worked for the N&W. The
property is located in Chillicothe, OH. During some remodeling of the home,
my father (who also worked for the N&W) discovered some very interesting
things. The modeling boards were hand carved and several contained a label,
still in tact, with the following information:
                                Norfolk & Western Railroad
                                Ship To: Delno, OH.

Also, several of the boards are signed, one name that was written on
several boards is J. WILLIAMS.
For many years I have been trying to find out some information about my
home. I would like to restore the outside of the home to it's original look.

I lease the property that home is located on from the N&S railroad. My
address is 1506 Delano Road, Chillicothe, OH. 45601. If any can help me
find out any information it would greatly appreciated. I am looking for
photo's, dates the home was built, and any other historical information
regarding my home.

My grandfathers name was Elijah Austin and he was the first person to own
the home. Previously the home was rented from the railroad. This location
was orignally known as Delano Crossing/Delano Station.

Sincerely,
B.E. Dunlap
1506 Delano Road
Chillicothe, OH. 45601