[N&W] Re: NS 999000 MofW pass car at VMT

Fri Jun 4 22:16:31 EDT 2004

Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 8:25 PM
Subject: Re: NS 999000 MofW pass car at VMT

 > Class Pn car built by Pullman Car Co. in 5-16.
 > Pullman name "Zana."
 > 3-41 Sold to N&W as car no. 779.
 > 10-18-47 Converted to MofW service at Roanoke, Va. as no. 526401.
 > 12-12-56 Converted to MofW Bunk-Cook-Diner at Iaeger, WV. as car no.
 > 521412. Assigned to wreck train at Roanoke, Va.
 > 8-3-93 Converted to Virginia Division Safety car no. NS 999000.
 > ?-96 Donated to the Virginia Museum of Transportation.
 >

 > Bob Bowers

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I do appreciate this info... hope to have a photo of the car posted within
the next few days.

jerry
<laboda at bellsouth.net>

Passenger Car Photo Indexes
<http://trainweb.org/passengercars/>

Visit the Virginia & Carolina Southern website:
<http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/m/jmlaboda/>