rail camera

Tue Aug 31 16:49:01 EDT 2004

> The train's engine had a rail camera. Ramsey and a
> detective from Norfolk Southern are reviewing
> that tape to determine the speed of the train and
> find out when the engineer hit the brakes.

Hello, all:

Regarding this unfortunate grade crossing accident at
Newport, Tennessee, I was unaware that NS locomotives
have "rail cameras."  Are many locomotives so
equipped?  I also wonder about foreign power.

If anyone has more information about these video
cameras, I'd welcome the information.  It would be
nice if railroads would be willing to sell a video of
their right-of-way, but I suppose that's a remote
possibility.

Best wishes, all!

Frank

=====