Visit to the O. Winston Link Museum

Fri Sep 10 00:20:37 EDT 2004

As a part of the negotiations with the Link estate - - N&W Class A #1218 was
donated to the City of Roanoke on August 15, 2001 (two days after agreement
between OWL Trust and the O. Winston Link Museum). The locomotive was then
sub-leased to VMT for display (similar arrangement as with Class J #611).

Concerning the question - whether Winston was sad at the closing of NS steam
program - that is specifically addressed in the excellent video, made by our
local CBS affiliate - which we run hourly at the museum

David Helmer
Chairmen, O. Winston Link Museum Committee
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 6:39 AM
Subject: Re: Visit to the O. Winston Link Museum