Y6's on Pennsy's Sandusky Line?

Sun Oct 10 16:17:05 EDT 2004

As older heads have told me, the Y-6b's produced in late 1949(?) and
1950 were built for their expected use over the new Elkhorn Summit line
when replacing the electric.  They were completed before the tunnel and
track work were completed, thus they represented excess locomotive
capacity.  They were leased to the PRR until the right of way
improvement was completed.

It is interest that virtually new locomotives were leased out rather
than older locomotives.

G Rolih, Cincinnati