web site, display car, etc.

Tue Oct 26 03:40:28 EDT 2004

Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:18:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Williamson, WV rail museum

I have tried to access this web site repeatedly.  Each
time that I tried, the home page appeared briefly and
then disappeared.  Finally, I disabled my
pop-up blocker, and the web site loaded normally.   I
have used my pop-up blocker for a year or more, and I
have not had that problem with any other web site.

Gordon Hamilton

October 26, 2004

Good morning, Gordon:

I don't know much about web design, but the site seems
to use some moving images.  It could be their movement
triggers your pop-up software and blocks the page.

It seems that the WARM has made some progress over its
three-year experience.  I note the Norfolk Southern
exhibit car has been there a couple of times.  I
haven't seen much on this list about the car and
wonder where it presently is on exhibit, or where it
is kept when not on display.  I also remember that N&W
had at least one air brake instruction car and a
safety car with a auditorium and movie screen.  I have
a similar curiousity about their present status; I
suppose the safety car isn't needed since videos are
portable and can be played in just about any yard
office or crew room.  It used to be films weren't as
convenient to view, even with portable 16 mm
projectors.

Best wishes,

=====
Dr. Frank R. Scheer, Curator