1218 drawings needed

Fri Nov 5 07:07:05 EST 2004

Well, Me and a VERY talented friend of mine have been working on the "Pocahontas District" for "Microsoft Train Simulator". Actually, it is mainly his project I have been advising him on scenery. at this time it is about 75% completed.It ihas been built using NS track charts, so it is about as real as you can get it using MSTS

It has the main-line from Bluefield to Williamson, and most of the branchlines in-between, and at present time, is about 75% completed, {I have not updated the site in sometime}

Look HERE for some screenshots and route infomation and give us some feed-back on this labor of love

www.blueridgerails.com <-- route site

Here are some links to posts made on a fourm about the route, and these photos are MUCH better than those on the site.

http://www.train-sim.com/dcforum/DCForumID15/4364.html

http://www.train-sim.com/cgi/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&forum=DCForumID15&om=4359

and Bob, THIS ADD-ON will be 100% FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy Jennings
  Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 9:31 AM
  Subject: Re: 1218 drawings needed

  I look forward to this. Tell me, how much will it cost to get this "mod" for MS Train Sim? I am tired of running British steam and American diesels. I want to run something I LIKE.. and 1218 would fit the bill nicely

  Bob Welsh
    Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 10:27 PM

    I posted that message several weeks ago. I don't know why it took so long to reach the bulletin board. In the meantime, my son has completed the model and is working with the files in Microsoft Train Simulator to import it. He's had some trouble getting it into the game, but he's made numerous mods for Command and Conquer and I'm sure he'll succeed here as well. I sent him a video that I made when 1218 was being towed to the VMT for display, showing the movement of the rods and cylinders. That should give him enough information to get an accurate animation of the wheels in the game. I'll let you know when he has it finished and where it can be downloaded.

    Wayne McKinney
    Quality Connection Staff
    Roanoke Locomotive Shop

      Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 6:44 PM

      Is that drawing in the Model Railroader big book of Steam locomotives. I think it is $50, but has HO scale drawings in it.

      I have a side drawing of the J with dimensions, and might have something in my library, but it would be a while before I could check.

      Keep us posted how this is going!

      Robert Lent

      Advertising Chairman
      Augusta Ccounty Railroad Museum
      Waynesboro, Virginia

        All,

        My son is a very good computer 3d modeler. He has decided to build a 3d model of 1218. With a little work, this model could be imported into "TRAINZ" or Microsoft "Train Simulator," if you have those programs. Anyway, I've sent him several of my photos, but accurate side, top and front drawings would be very helpful to complete the model. I am hoping that some of you may have digital versions of such drawings and would be interested in helping him complete the model. I'm sure he would post it for download in return.

        If anyone has any drawings and would be willing to share them, contact me and I will send you his Email.

        Thanks,
        Wayne McKinney
        Quality Connection Staff
        Roanoke Locomotive Shop