Street directions to Hager and Town interlockings?

Thu Nov 11 20:25:22 EST 2004

Hello Frank,

Others may respond more quickly; nonetheless:

The Hager site crossover and tower are long gone.  NS tracks sweep southward
past the site, where a communications tower now stands (or did stand in
1995).  You can view the site (on the east side of the road) from the raised
Burhans Blvd.  From Vardo, follow Downsville Pike/Maryland Avenue north,
turn left (west) onto Wilson Blvd.  Wilson Blvd becomes Burhans Blvd (which
also is route 11) as you cross Virginia Avenue.  If you reach Wesel Blvd
(intersects from the west), you have passed the Hager site.

Town, a composition-roof, block and brick building, was still there when I
was last in the area (1995).  Continue northwards along Burhans Blvd (you
will do a sort of quarter-circle north and east around the Western Maryland
facilities); you will cross Washington, Franklin, and Salem Streets (I can't
remember if Burhans is elevated here).  My map has Town at approximately a
half-mile from Washington Street.  Town is on the east side of and close to
the Burhans Blvd overpass under which the PRR/Conrail, etc., line runs north
north-west.

Good luck!

Steve Koppe
Tempe, AZ