Partners desks at stations

Sun Nov 14 21:40:17 EST 2004

I already responded in more detail to Frank off-list, but thought a few
more folks would like to know about the desks.  They were Roanoke Shop
built, with several small design differences over the years, mostly
dealing with style issues, and the use of pencil drawers next to the
knee wells. They usually measured 60 inches across by 48 inches deep.
They were wooden with leather or imitation leather inset tops.  I think
some variations were made up through the 1940s.

They surface on the market from time to time, they generally are too
big to readily be used at home and HEAVY, so they are hard to get up
and down stairs. If anyone wants one, be prepared to have 3 or more
strong friends to help carry it. The ones I have usually seen on the
market are overpriced (IMHO).

Ken Miller