N&W 60' Auto Parts cars

Wed Nov 24 08:46:43 EST 2004

John;

According to my 1976 N&W Freight Car Equipment Guide, issued by the N&W Mechanical Department, the SP leased #600407-415 to the N&W. Those cars are listed in my 1980 edition, but are not listed in my 1984 Norfolk Southern Edition. (Listed below are more leased cars and their respective owners.) The 1976 NWFCEG shows them as "Box" under N&W Car Class, i.e. B110, C32P or H11a. Number series 600400-406 are shown as an empty number series There are no company drawings for any of the leased cars, and due to Morning Sun's 400 photograph limit, Jim Nichols' book does have a shot of one either.

#600416-422 - Union Pacific
#600423-425 - Western Pacific
#600426-430 - Milwaukee Road
#600431-447 - Louisville & Nashville