Sighting

Fri Dec 24 18:50:21 EST 2004

Even though I have retired from my teaching career, I work a few days a
month as an extra rural mail carrier.  My route, lasting about 6  hours, is
through and around Monroe, VA, a former major division point on the  Southern Ry.
Today, Dec. 24, I spotted a string of about eight old N&W  MofW box cars parked
just south of the Southern depot site in Monroe. All are  painted green. A
couple of tank cars were there too. From passing by, I noticed  a variety of
side frames making them worth a closer look by someone in the  know.

Aubrey  Wiley
Lynchburg,  Va.