Photo of Virginian Railway caboose 342 being untrucked in Crewe

Sat Dec 25 08:15:31 EST 2004

Ladies and Gentlemen,

     Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

     Recently the restored Virginian Railway caboose #342 was transported from Roanoke to Crewe, VA and untrucked and hauled by low boy trailer to Victoria to their Rail Park at the old yard.  If you go the site below you can view a photo that I took of it being untrucked in Crewe.  Please leave comments about the photo.

     Photo at:     http://www.RailPictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=88548

     This is probably the premier site for rail photos on the internet.  I believe this is the very first photo of an original Virginian Railway piece of equipment ever submitted to the site.  Your comments are appreciated and needed to get the old Virginian "back on the map" for rail enthusiasts around the world.

Thanks,

Skip Salmon
--
Skip and Judi Salmon