RR bell

Thu Jan 20 21:06:27 EST 2005

OK worthy gentleman and ladies! Trivia that is both collectable and
genealogy!

My daughter in law's  great-grandfather was a machinist at a facility in
"downtown"
Roanoke without a turntable. His name was Howard Dull, born 1882.
Retired about 1952.

He has handed down a loco bell supposedly retired at the same time.
Supposedly one of the last steam on the line (when did VGN drop fire?)

Stamped on top of bell is 128. Cast into the hanger arm is
405, but no foundry or builder name that I can find.
Bell is 15 1/2 inches across and about  13-14 inches tall.

Any info on the man, which road, about the bell or the loco, any or all
 would be greatly appreciated.

--
Tom Cosgrove
N2VFK