Train order forks

Sun Jan 23 23:26:54 EST 2005

Train Order Hoops - I was fortunate several years ago to acquire one from a
retired Tower Operator on the Wabash.
He provided a detailed history on the hoop. Down to the nail used to secure
one of the forks to the handle. It was used at the Reddick Tower in Ill. He
mentions working two lines N&W & Penn Central. Some interesting things about
it as mentioned in previous emails are : The waxed string & slip knot. The
ends are chipped from hitting the sides of cabooses.
I was fortunate to acquire just very recently some copied photos of it in
use. Most people that come to my home to see my collection have never even
heard of  "Such a Thing".
Thanks for starting the thread on this subject.

Ron Wilkinson