Chauffeuring on the railroad....

Thu Feb 10 20:58:02 EST 2005

Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 23:56:27 -0500
Subject:  Re: John Palmer Fishwick

In 1965 I had to drive Mr. Fishwick and Robert Claytor
from Portsmouth to Huntington in my own personal auto,
so they could catch a plane after a meeting at PO.

I had just gotten a 1966 Pontiac GTO convertable, and
Mr. Fishwick asked me what it was.  When I told him he
said "I have a Porsche I drive to work."!!!   My worst
career decision was not pulling over to the side and
handing him the keys and letting him drive it to
Huntington.

BTW - you should have seen Mr. Claytor getting into
the back seat . . .

Ed King

February 10, 2005

Hello, Ed:

Nice story!  I never had such distinguished riders
when I was taxi driver.  The only somewhat-comparable
experience was that I had to drive Western Region
General Manager Maurice Bowman's car from St. Louis
to Decatur in 1975.  I don't recall what prompted the
trip.  His office was in the Railway Exchange Building
in downtown St. Louis.

Good evening, all!

=====
Dr. Frank R. Scheer, Curator