Stop on signal

Tue Feb 15 02:27:15 EST 2005

Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:53:10 -0500
Subject: Station Information

Looking in the 1940 passenger timetable...

It lists, in table 25, the Dry Fork schedule pass
train. It lists the regual sceduled stops and a couple
of towns as flag stops... I get it...but...

On a following page, there is a heading titled...
"Stations at which no time is shown at which trains
will stop on signal"  Sounds pretty self
explanatory....but...then... It says...

"Scheduled trains stop at Gluck, Bartley, Lomax,
Susanna, Canebrake and Hartwell: and stop at Mile
Branch, Garland, Tusler, and Brit on signal"

None of these towns are listed as stops on the
scheduled train.

So my questions are, for example, Gluck is neither
listed on the schedule as a scheduled stop or a flag
stop, so what kind of stop is it?  and, is the
sentence, being written 55 years ago throwing me off
and everything in the above paragraph is a "stop on
signal", and if so, why list it in two sentences?

Thanks
Leslie Eversole