Photos on the old Virginian in the snow

Thu Mar 3 15:09:32 EST 2005

Great Pictures!  I was disappointed to see that there has been no
apparent progress in the repair of the burned Virginian station, much
less any restoration.  I thought I had remembered discussions from a
year or two ago that the building would at least be repaired.  At this
rate, can we expect to see the station bulldozed and lose yet another
link to our ties to the past.

I was glad to see that Atlas is coming out w/ a couple N&W RS-3s - #300
&303.  I hope the next step will be a properly lettered RS-3 in the
original 1955/56 90 number series.

Bill Smith
Atlanta, GA