Roanoke Passenger Station/A Thought

Mon Mar 14 13:08:24 EST 2005

Jimmy:

You probably could think of it as looking like a coal mine, but at the
time, I thought it was very modern. It had both enclosed stairways and
escalators. I don't remember any other escalators in Roanoke at the
time. If there were any, I don't believe any could have been as long as
the ones in the train station. My brother and I got "shooed" off the
escalators several times for trying to run up the down escalator.

What gauge are you planning to use for your modeling?

Ed Gorman