URO

Mon Mar 14 23:14:51 EST 2005

>From another list the photo showed a Schnabel car. DODX is almost surely
Dept of Defense. See link
 http://home.att.net/~Berliner-Ultrasonics/rrschnab.html
This appears to be a rather small example of the type. There are two halves
to the car and the load is an integral 3rd piece in the middle.

Craig Close
Balimer, Merlan
OK: Far West Catonsville
ALL RIGHT: Greater Oella
  _____

Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:29 PM
To: nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org
Subject: URO

Gentlemen,

    I got this attached photo at SX today and must say that I have never
seen quite a car.  It is a DODX 38881 four truck 8axle special custom car to
carry what my wife calls an "URO" ..unidentified railroad object.  Anybody
out there know what this might be?

     Also got a couple of good shots of oldrusting power beside the Punkin
Vine at the Virginia Scrap Iron south of "JK" that you can see at:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=97455   2 Chesapeake and
Western Baldwin switchers

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=97461   N&W 2-8-0 #1118 "Lost
Locomotive" marked in grafitti "Soul Train"

Skip Salmon
--
Skip and Judi Salmon
3721 Buckingham Drive