Durham District in the '50s?

Mon Mar 28 22:54:16 EST 2005

These first four were used on the Durham line. They were tested with
the Dynamometer car for a few days, at least, before going into service
on the Durham district. I have an N&W photo dated just a few days after
delivery, with original numbers and the dynamometer car in tow near
Webster, Virginia.  When they were renumbered in April 1956, each was
done at Lynchburg, not Roanoke or Shenandoah.

Ken Miller