Denniston Station

Wed Mar 30 18:17:32 EST 2005

I want to thank everyone for there responses to my questions about the interchange between the N&W and A&D at Denniston. Every little bit of info helps and adds to the overall picture somewhere down the road. If anyone has any more info about the A&D or NF&D please let me know. I'm also looking for photos and anything connected to the A&D/NF&D. If you like you can contact me off-list at fmullins at cox.net to discuss more about this line.
Thanks all again,
Fred Mullins
modeling the Atlantic & Danville
remember "For Service See......the A&D!"
  Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:22 PM
  Subject: Denniston Station

  To Fred Mullens and all:

  In case you have not discovered these pictures, the VT Image data base has the following pictures of the Denniston Stations.

  The Atl. & Danville Ry. Stat. dated March 1962 with N&W freight cars
  http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/drake/full/dr017.JPG

  The Denniston Coaling Station - N&W station dated 1917
  http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/glass_plates/screen/03GP0037.jpg

  The N&W Denniston Combination Station - N&W station dated 1917
  http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns297.jpeg

  If these links cannot work on the mail list go to the address below and search on "Denniston".
  http://imagebase.lib.vt.edu/index.php to find them.  I hope they help answer your original question.

  Chuck Stewart
  Bahama, NC