Model railroad presentation at the National Postal Museum

Thu Apr 14 02:03:18 EDT 2005

Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:37:53 -0400
From: "Kimberly McCray" <McCrayK at npm.si.edu>
To: f_scheer at yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Model railroad presentation at the
National Postal Museum

Dear Frank,

Just wanted you to see the program descriptions we are
going to publish in our program calendar.

Please take a look below and let me know if there are
any edits you would like to change for your
presentation description.

Thanks,
Kim

Trains! [Family]
Saturday, June 25, 2005
Noon * 4:00 p.m.
Celebrate Railway Mail at the National Postal Museum.
View model railways on display by local railroad
clubs. Stop by the Railway Mail Service Library
information table. Families will enjoy listening to
Mailing May, the story of a little girl who was sent
by Railway Mail. Take a railway mail sorting
challenge. Create a train stamp collection and more.

Railway Mail Movies [Film]
Saturday, June 25, 2005
Noon * 1:00 p.m.
Join Frank Scheer, curator of the Railway Mail Service
Library, as he presents two 1950s films about the
Railway Mail Service:  “Men and Mail in Transit” and
“Mail in Motion.”

Model Railroad Workshop [Workshop]
Saturday, June 25, 2005
2:00 * 4:00 p.m.
Join Jeff Springer of Custom Model Railroads as he
highlights the basic strategies, techniques, and
skills needed to build a model railroad.
Mr. Springer will give a one hour presentation
followed by one hour for questions and consultations.
This workshop is for adults. Free, but reservations
required. Please call (202) 633-5533.

April 14, 2005

Good morning, Kim:

The listing looks fine to me.  I'm looking forward to
the day!

Best wishes,

Frank

Dr. Frank R. Scheer, Curator