Semaphore and CPL at VMT

Wed Apr 20 21:04:39 EDT 2005

We have a position signal at Southeastern Railway Museum in Duluth, GA.It is not operational and sits in a Southern Baggage car with several other signals.

Jason Greene
Atlanta, GA
  Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 12:19 PM
  Subject: Semaphore and CPL at VMT

  Hey folks, I have a few questions.

  1.  Does anyone know where the semaphore that is lying in the back lot of the Virginia Museum of Transportation came from?

  2.  Does anyone know if VMT is ever going to do anything with it?

  3.  Does anyone know if VMT plans to restore the CPL lying in the back lot?

  4.  Are there any other restored N&W signals anywhere?  (I only know of the one at Foster's Falls.)

  Both of these signals at VMT are damaged, and while they are not ruined, they would be a huge job to repair or restore.

  Thanks for your interest!

  Ben Blevins
  http://mail.yahoo.com