Semaphore and CPL at VMT

Sat Apr 23 17:53:17 EDT 2005

Regarding question 4:

There should be a CPL somewhere around Warrenton, VA.  When I was still
Manager Signal Operations for NS in the late 90's I aided an individual in
obtaining a CPL that was awaiting scrapping following the Hagerstown
District poleline elimination project.   Though I don't remember the
individual's name, I believed he planned to erect the signal in a park
there.  I  thought it kind of odd at the time that he wanted an N&W style
signal whereas only the Southern ever came into Warrenton (I believe).
Still I was glad to help save one.  Hope it has been saved and erected.  I
need to check it out sometime.  Maybe some other reader has more details.

John Marbury

Message: 4