station photo zapping always welcome....

Fri May 20 01:41:22 EDT 2005

Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Chilhowie Depot colors

I have a Kodak color picture of it, dated November
1971, and the trim around the doors and windows is
green.  I am unsure about the color in the 1950s.

Mike Jackson

Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 06:00:30 -0500

Mike and Ben:

Thanks for the reply. Mike, could I get a  scan of
that photo by chance? Pls. zap to:
ajackson1522 at spritmail.com

Andre Jackson and/or Lisa Burrows

May 20, 2005

Good morning, all:

Mike and Ben, if you do any zapping please include
f_scheer at yahoo.com in the address line.   As a
reminder to any other people with color or black and
white photos of interior or exterior N&W station
views, I appreciate any images available for
reference.   I'm gradually restoring the Boyce station
and these are helpful guides regarding painting
details, furnishings, external landscaping touches,
signage, fixtures, and train order/block signal
installation.

As an aside, I haven't seen many exterior views of
N&W-owned or jointly-used towers and no inside
pictures.  The sole exception are a couple of images
at Walton from a distance.  I think this was gone by
the time I was riding trains to Radford in 1969.  The
only other towers I've personally seen were at Cowan,
X and NC at Lynchburg, and the tower-drawbridge
control at Bridge 7.  And, of course, "Randolph."

Thanks for keeping me in mind and my email address
handy....

Frank

Dr. Frank R. Scheer, Curator
Railway Mail Service Library, Inc.