Suggestions for railfanning in Williamson, WV.

Sat Jun 4 19:37:45 EDT 2005

Chuck:

May I suggest that you consider railfanning on your way TO the convention?  If you are coming from Eastern NC you should be passing through Bluefield, WV on I-77.  There is a lot of good railfanning on US 52 between Bluefield and Williamson.  The N&W tracks mostly parallel the road between Maybeury and Iaeger and there are lots of great reailfan spots in the area with a good number of trains to see.  There is even more good stuff nearby, I have some informantion that I put togethere for the 1996 Bluefield convention that might help - if you contact me off line I'll fill in some blanks for you.

Steve Summers
ssummers1 at mindspring.com