Route to Convention 2005

Sun Jun 19 23:27:12 EDT 2005

In the mid 80's I had occasion to drive from near Welch to the Bluefield
airport, which involved mostly US 52.  I told my traveling companion that  it
would take us about an hour; he expressed bewilderment because it was only  about
35 miles.  I told him, "you'll see."  We made it in 55 minutes  and he was
white as a sheet.  I had a ball!  But then, I was raised  around Bluefield and
he was from Erie, which is flat land or gently rolling  glacier-dump hills.
Don't let those red lines on the map fool you, believe  the natives.

Dave Phelps

In a message dated 6/19/2005 5:39:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,