n&w head on collision

Sun Aug 7 00:44:25 EDT 2005

Might be easier to answer that if we could see the pictures. Someone here probably would recognize it somehow.

Bob Welsh

Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2005 6:54 PM
Subject: n&w head on collision

Recently, a friend gave me a few pictures which belonged to her father, a Clare Yard employee in Cincinnati. The pictures appear to show two M class 4-8-0 engines doubleheaded which ran head-on into a Z class 2-6-6-2 in a curved cut with double track, or more likely on single track where someone forgot to take the siding. There is no lettering on the tenders and the clothes appear to be 1930 period. Anyone have any ideas where and when this might have happened? Thanks.
Denis Larrick