help with the list?

Fri Sep 30 22:44:52 EDT 2005

> LOL!! I have to agree! This is the second N&W list that I have tried

> that has very little actual Norfolk and Western information prototype

> or modeling.

I must second the opinion of Frank Bongiovanni, that if there are subjects
you are curious about, then you should start the topic yourself, instead of
waiting for someone else to do it for you.
If you want to be a "lurker", and there is nothing wrong with that, you must
have the patience to wade through all of the material that you are not
interested in.
There will always be a social element to lists like this, with regulars
often carrying on what amounts to a conversation; it is just the nature of
the beast. I probably delete 75% of the list content without reading more
than the subject and first couple of lines. But the information I have
gotten off this list over the years is well worth the wait.

>Are there any modelers on this list? If so what are you working on.

>No one has even mentioned the beautiful N&W baggage that Walthers

>just released. Is there a real, active N&W modelers list out there?

As for me, I'm not working on any N&W models right now. (Anybody want to
hear me gripe about masking off an Alaska GP49 for painting?) And yes, the
Walthers B60 is an excellent model; they even changed the doors and roof, so
it is not just a PRR car lettered N&W.

Like most things in life, the list is what you make it. If you have a
question, ask it. Most likely it will be answered. If you want to sit back
and observe, then realize that there will be lulls in information that you
are interested in.

Marty Flick