Tender Booster

Wed Oct 12 17:50:30 EDT 2005

Look at the Trucks on the Tender - see the connecting rods. A tender
booster was actually powering the tender (or on some cases,

Trailing truck of the Engine). The piping is to supply Steam to power
these units. This could provide extra tractive effort, but usually,

Only up to a certain speed - You have to cut it out at about 10-15mph.

I know some of the other folks here can provide more details than I can.

David Crabtree