Norfolk's Union Station

Wed Nov 2 14:15:33 EST 2005

OK - just to pick a few nits (and I am not questioning the accuracy of J.'s information) and to have a little fun...

Isn't "Terminal Station" an oxymoron? A terminal is at the end of the line while a station is an intermediate stop. Can you have both in one?

In general conversations, I have heard the Norfolk site referred to as either "Norfolk Terminal" or "Union Station". As most of you know, the entire complex of NS yards and tracks in our area is also called the Norfolk Terminal.

Jerry Kay, Portsmouth, Va