NE-6 Caboose

Wed Nov 16 21:24:49 EST 2005

Bob,

I am by no means an expert when it comes to the N&W and its equipment
so I have to rely on sources other than myself. I do have a copy of
"Cabooses of the Norfolk and Western" by Robert Bowers and James
Brewer so I consulted it. It does not list the class NE-6 in the
book. It could be that the NE-6 designation is for a merger railroad
and is listed differently for the N&W. I'll need to dig into the
"Cabooses" book in an effort to find out. May be some one on the
list could further enlighten us on the subject?

Dave Moorehead
Milford, Ohio