N&W Tenders

Wed Nov 23 16:15:41 EST 2005

On the NS, they used two big water bottles. The first was an L&N Big Emma
tender that was cut down. This would be the one that carried the red stripe
and was later painted to match the tool car. The second was the bottle that
came along with the A. What is the history of this bottle? I had heard once
that it was an N&W tender that was converted to a bottle, but I don't recall
who converted it.
As for the other Southern/NS bottles... SRM in Atlanta has WT 52, TVRM has
WT 5x and the little bottle that 4501 carried (was green).Where did the two
big NS bottles go after 1994?

Jason Greene
Cumming, GA