Hooded Block Signals

Mon Dec 5 09:40:50 EST 2005

I visited Bluefield yesterday afternoon, and while there took in a trip by the rail yard. While there are still a great deal of N&W block signals in service, there is a signal bridge with new hooded signal arms on it. It's a good looking setup. While not N&W, they are easier to see the aspects on than the non-hooded three light signals.

I also visited and photographed the new signals at Marion, VA that are awaiting installation. These all aluminum signals are pretty nice, and have given me some ideas about how to kidproof the ladder on my own signal at home.

Ben Blevins