Turning "Y's"

Sun Dec 18 09:30:48 EST 2005

According to Pocahontas Division Timetable No. 11, effective December
9, 1934, there were wyes located at the following locations. Many
movements were simple backing moves from the terminal or yard to the
branch, work the mines, then return to the terminal with locomotive in
the lead.

Mainline, Bluefield to Williamson
Iaeger
Thacker

Bluestone Branch (Bluestone to Winonah)
Giatto

Goodwill Branch (Flipping to Goodwill)
Goodwill

Tug Fork Branch (Welch to Jenkinjones)
Gary
Anawalt

Dry Fork Branch (Iaeger to Cedar Bluff)
Dry Fork Junction
Indian Yard

Pond Creek Branch (Williamson to McVeigh)
Toler
Pinson

Clinch Valley (Bluefield to Norton)
Cedar Bluff
Richlands
Boody

Toms Creek Branch (Coeburn to Toms Creek)
Toms Creek

Buchanan Branch (Devon to Grundy)
Devon
Thomas

Your actual mileage may vary according to era.

Ken Miller