Radford and Shenandoah Divisions

Thu Dec 29 22:51:40 EST 2005

Ben,

The signal on the west end of Marion's passing siding had to be located on the fireman's side due to the crook in the Holston river that comes awful close to the tracks in that area across from the signal,...but a photo that I have in my collection shows the origional highball signals at Marion located on the firemans side also, while years later the semaphores where located correctly on the engineer's side, jutting out of the roof of the station. Marion has had it's share of strange signal locations.

Gary Price
The Switchback Scenic Route