Locomotive Wheelbase

Tue Jan 10 21:44:57 EST 2006

I have seen a photo of an ET&WNC 2-6-0 that had blind drivers.
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 11:46 PM
Subject: Re: Locomotive Wheelbase

I am not a "fully qualified" SPF, but I think there were some branches on the PRR Middle Division that had pretty tight curvature when compared with the main line west of Altoona. These I1s were not what you would call high speed locomotives [35-40MPH], and 15-25MPH was typical. Even the H class 2-8-0 had blind drivers. Maybe one of our locomotive design wizards will respond. I don't suppose these locos had lateral motion devices, and why pay for them and the license to use them if not required.

Jim Stapleton
========