Time Tables

Sun Jan 22 18:29:25 EST 2006

While photographing and documenting the signals on the Cincinnati District " The Peavine" I got to wondering when some of the sidings that are now gone came to be, and then were later removed. When the Society came out with the Data Series, I was beside my self.
I got the # 8-9 & 10, 1930, 1945, & 1955. I compiled a list of the towns and sidings from those years plus 1961, 1965. 1967, 1981 and 1988. It shows the siding or town, the length of the siding and miles from Portsmouth. You can get an idea of when the sidings were lengthened then shortened and then vanished all together. Some surprises were that there were sidings were I never thought there would be one.
As with any project the more you learn the more you want to know, and the more you learn you don't know!!!
My question is, when was the first time tables written for the N&W, the Peavine specifically and are they available? I would like to go back as far as possible, and do one for the Columbus District also.

Jeff Wood
twlv18japie at earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.