Back-Painting Glass...?

Mon Jan 23 21:56:25 EST 2006

With all the barnyard mechanics, restorationists and medicine show men on this List, someone should be able to tell me how to back-paint glass.

Is there a special process for preparing the glass, in order to achieve better adhesion of the paint?

My specific application at this time is to back-paint some numerals on glass in "switch occupied" indicators from towers, and fortunately the manufacturer "frosted" it by etching or sand blasting. But it would be good to know the overall technique for back-painting.

Thanks, guys. You're a great group of men !

-- abram burnett
(still tinkering away in nuevo cumberlando)