New Release from Pocahontas Models

Wed Jan 25 19:11:21 EST 2006

Pocahontas Models LLC is pleased to announce its newest HO scale unpainted resin kit, the Norfolk & Western Class G-5 gondola.

The kit features a one-piece gondola body with cavity to accept the included weight, as well as a one-piece underframe, custom etched detail parts and custom decals. A Kadee brake wheel and housing and Tichy brake components and grab irons round out the detail parts bag. Complete instructions and prototype information are also included

In his book, Norfolk and Western Color Guide to Freight and Passenger Equipment, Society member Jim Nichols defines the G-5 as "the standard N&W gondola during the late steam era." These cars continued in service through the 1960s and 1970s, with some even making it to the NS merger.

The masters for this model were created from official N&W photographs and general arrangement drawings which were purchased from the N&WHS Archives.

The List Moderator informs me that I am not permitted to mention part numbers nor pricing in this posting.

Please see www.pocahontasmodels.com for more information.

Jim Brewer

Glenwood MD

Pocahontas Models LLC