N&W Dynamometer Car

Fri Feb 10 08:31:51 EST 2006

The car was originally built by Roanoke Shops as per design of
underframe, body and interior arrangement by the Motive Power
Department. For some reason, 1917 comes to mind as the original
construction date, but I will have to check further. The instruments
were designed and installed by the Burr Company. The car was originally
built with only one observation cupola, and numbered 4900.

Ken Miller