Steam Loco Coal

Sun Mar 26 23:28:42 EST 2006

Jim - I don't know where the bulk of it came from, but in Williamson they had a bucket conveyor that dumped right into the coaling tower from a mine over on the Kentucky side, I believe.

EdKing
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:01 PM
Subject: Steam Loco Coal

While we are trying to discover how locomotive sand was transported and where it came from, does anyone know where N&W obtained its coal for its steam locomotives?

Certainly, it was on-line and probably one of the operations owned by the Pocahontas Land Corporation? But which one(s)?

Obviously, it was shipped in N&W hoppers! <vbg>

Jim Brewer