Strange motive power

Thu Mar 30 21:47:51 EST 2006

While on my way back from Roanoke late this afternoon I took 460 and
happened upon the tail end of a westbound hopper train. I managed to get to
the head end of it only once and had no luck catching it anywhere to get a
GOOD glance at the lead locomotive. It was pulled by two locomotives, the
first unlettered in a grey color, the second was a BNSF unit. I shot a
hurried picture out the side window of my van around Elliston or
Shawville... other than that all I ever managed to get a glimpse of were the
hoppers at a couple crossing including at Montgomery Tunnel.... Any ideas on
what it may have been? was mid-afternoon, prolly 3-ish, if the time of the
sighting makes any difference....