Well.....how about diesel fuel!!

Thu Mar 30 22:40:17 EST 2006

Rick,

That tender brings back some memories. In 1978 a friend and I went to
Horseshoe Curve for a week. We stopped in Hagerstown and happened across that fuel
tender. I had a brand new car and got bush scratches down both sides when we
drove down that old gravel road. I believe the N&W was also on strike then and I
managed to get two sharpened screws in my rear tires when I turned around at
the N&W yard. The BL-2's were working the yard on the Western Maryland if my
memory still serves me.

On a side note... We camped out on the Curve when it was four tracks... not
much sleep that night!

Richard D. Shell
Troutville, VA