N&W K question

Fri Apr 7 23:28:59 EDT 2006

Bob - My stock answer to your statement is that it's your basement, your railroad, and your scheme, paid for with your money. If a non-streamlined K suits you, then go for it. If the purists object, let 'em.

I've got a heavy 4-8-2, and the only thing I've done to it is replace the stock 12,000-gallon tender with a USRA 10,000 one which is correct for the K-2 as built. It looks fine to me. It still has the stock lettering, which is pre-WWII, and it's the 120, which was the number that came out of the box. It's a good-looking engine - maybe the best looking non-streamlined engine N&W ever had. I like it.

I'll run it with post-war N&W stuff, and post-war cars. My railroad, my scheme, and I paid for it.

OK?

Ed King
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 1:31 AM
Subject: Re: N&W K question

I guess the short answer to my original post then is if I had a K in non-streamlined attire, so to speak, and lettered it for the appropriate engine number, it would not be out of place on an N&W-themed layout set in 1953 along the New River region.....

Bob Welsh
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 3:31 AM

Ed=
You're correct. I tried to remember the engine on the local that
was rear-ended at Wallace in 1953 by The Tennessean. Rereading
the report, it was Eng 105.
Harry Bundy