Scioto Div. station info needed

Sun Apr 30 09:45:09 EDT 2006

None of my lists show anything for Mowrystown. Most telegraphic calls,
to my understanding, were for stations on mainlines, or with
connections to mainlines where the would be more than a single train
operating on the branch that might require a meet in the unsignaled or
train order territory. Some branches operated with rules by a train
register, i.e. the first train to register in the book on the branch is
the train with rights over the branch, any subsequent trains coming on
the branch had to protect itself from the initial train as there. This
would be generally be a short, branch, longer branches may well have
had telegraphic stations issuing train orders.

Hillsboro was operated as one of the train register branches, at least
as of 1946 which I think is the earliest employee timetable for Scioto
that I have. and there was no listing for scheduled trains in the
employee timetables. I don't have any specifics as I don't know the
territory well, but passenger service was discontinued some time
before.

Ken Miller